The Newman Center is under the jurisdiction of the Diocese of Corpus Christi, currently presided by Bishop Wm. Michael Mulvey. You can get more information about the Diocese of Corpus Christi on their website, diocesecc.org.
- IWA sixth grade Science class race homemade cars 02/24/2015Sixth graders at Incarnate Word Academy Middle Level recently built cars out of straws, film canisters, and Play-Doh in their science class. The students raced their creations on Feb. 13 and recorded their time and distance.
- Catholic and Evangelical Humanitarian Agencies Voice Concern over ruling 02/24/2015An interim final rule published by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services risks harmful effects on unaccompanied children resettled by the United States, according to comments filed by Catholic and Evangelical organizations and relief agencies. At issue is whether the rule adequately accounts for the religious […]
- U.S. Catholic Bishops Urgently Call for Greater Protection of Middle East Religious Minorities 02/24/2015In the wake of the brutal murders of twenty one Coptic Christians at the hands of the Islamic State (ISIS) in Libya, increased support to protect religious minorities and civilians should be combined with adequate humanitarian assistance and other assets, said the president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and the chairman of […]
- School announces Science Fair winners 02/24/2015Incarnate Word Academy Elementary Level held its annual science fair on Feb. 12 at the school’s James R. Dougherty, Jr. Center.
- Family night highlights student-parent-educator partnership of education process 02/23/2015Incarnate Word Academy hosted its annual Montessori Family Night on Thursday, Feb. 19, for families currently enrolled in the elementary level’s Montessori program.
- Little Caesars Love Kitchen feeds over 150 people at Mother Teresa Shelter 02/18/2015Little Caesars Love Kitchen fed over 150 people at the Mother Teresa Shelter on Feb. 16. Little Caesars Love Kitchen travels across the United States and Canada to feed the homeless and disaster survivors.
DoCC Social Media
Diocese of Corpus Christi