The Newman Center is under the jurisdiction of the Diocese of Corpus Christi, currently presided by Bishop Wm. Michael Mulvey. You can get more information about the Diocese of Corpus Christi on their website, diocesecc.org.
- IWA senior named semifinalist in National Merit Scholarship Program 09/18/2020The National Merit Scholarship Corporation selected approximately 16,000 Semifinalists, who have an opportunity to continue the competition for 7,600 National Merit Scholarships worth more than $30 million.
- Texas missionary priest announced as 2020-2021 Lumen Christi Award honoree 09/17/2020Learn how this humble pastor worked to rebuild a community torn apart by a horrible act of violence and racism, and how he spends his days helping his flock in small gestures that speak volumes in the Catholic Extension-supported Diocese of Beaumont.
- Little Sisters of the Poor and Religious Liberty: Debunking the Myths 09/17/2020'We have been subjected to criticism, derision and even death threats. We’d like nothing better than to return to our mission unhindered by the fear of millions of dollars in fines.’ As Little Sisters of the Poor we find our joy in sharing our lives with those whom many in our society would prefer to […]
- Bishop blesses new chalice, ciborium and paten for St. Anthony of Padua 09/15/2020Bishop Michael Mulvey blessed the new chalice, ciborium and paten for Saint Anthony of Padua Mission in Austwell on Sept. 14.
- STREAM project holds a whole lot of fish 09/15/2020When fifth grade science teacher, Miss Sabina Boet, from Sacred Heart School assigned a STREAM project on Sept. 11, she was excited about the ingenuous ideas her students came up with.
- Bishop Mulvey gives strength in prayer for those affected by pipeline explosion 09/15/2020At the Sept. 15 meeting of the Port Commission of the Corpus Christi Authority in the Nueces Room at the Solomon P. Ortiz International Center, Bishop Michael Mulvey prayed for all those involved in the recent pipeline explosion which occurred on Aug. 22.