The Newman Center is under the jurisdiction of the Diocese of Corpus Christi, currently presided by Bishop Wm. Michael Mulvey. You can get more information about the Diocese of Corpus Christi on their website, diocesecc.org.
- Bishop Mulvey celebrates the Feast of Christ the King at Our Lady of Assumption Parish 11/24/2020Bishop Michael Mulvey and Parochial Administrator Father Patrick Higgins concelebrated morning Mass at Our Lady of Assumption Church in Ingleside on the Feast of Christ the King, Nov. 22.
- Bishop Garriga integrates 'Friendzy' in theology classes 11/23/2020These are unprecedented times. Even in the Diocese of Corpus Christi, teachers are faced with more challenges than ever before. Along with teaching students through a mixture of hybrid and blended learning, they are tasked with elevating student’s emotional intelligence. But this, According to Superintendent Dr. Rosemary Henry, is what Catholic teachers are called to […]
- Sacred Heart celebrates Thanksgiving with a food drive and Mass 11/23/2020Students from Sacred Heart School in Rockport offered gifts of food from their Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive during a Thanksgiving Mass on Nov. 20. The Mass was celebrated by Father Ray Yrlas.
- Appeal assists elderly sisters, brothers, priests in religious orders 11/21/2020The Diocese of Corpus Christi will hold the Retirement Fund for Religious collection Dec. 12-13. The National Religious Retirement Office (NRRO) coordinates this annual appeal and distributes the proceeds to assist eligible U.S. religious communities with their retirement needs. Nearly 30,000 senior sisters, brothers and religious order priests benefit.
- Registration to apply for Catholic Charities Community Christmas ends Nov. 25 11/20/2020For 54 years Catholic Charities of Corpus Christi has been providing Christmas food baskets to those in need in the 12 counties of the Diocese of Corpus Christi. For 39 years, they have partnered with the Toys for Tots Program providing toys to children in Nueces County. In keeping with this year of change, 2020, […]
- IWA teachers awarded Excellence and Innovation Grant 11/19/2020Incarnate Word Academy teachers, Mrs. Laura McCracken, Mrs. Suraida Nanez-James, and Mr. Robert Orta, were each awarded the $500 Teacher Excellence and Innovation Grant by the Diocese of Corpus Christi Office of Catholic Schools.