The Newman Center is under the jurisdiction of the Diocese of Corpus Christi, currently presided by Bishop Wm. Michael Mulvey. You can get more information about the Diocese of Corpus Christi on their website, diocesecc.org.
- Students Participate In S.T.E.M. Olympics 12/07/2018Incarnate Word Academy fourth and fifth grade students put their math, science, and engineering skills to the test as they participated in the Elementary Level’s S.T.E.M. Olympics on Thursday, November 29, 2018 in the James R. Dougherty, Jr. Center.
- Advent and Las Posadas 12/05/2018As part of the Christmas celebrations, many parishes include the re-enactment of the Holy Family’s journey to Bethlehem—Las Posadas. Have you ever wondered about its origin? If you have ever taken part or just watched, you are in for a beautiful history lesson.
- Sisters Rock at Our Lady of Guadalupe in Alice 12/01/2018Over 150 high school students attended “Sisters Rock” at Our Lady of Guadalupe in Alice on Nov. 7. Sisters Rock is the brainchild of the Vocation team spearheaded by Sister Gloria Rodriguez, MJMJ Director of Consecrated Life and Women's Vocations for the Diocese of Corpus Christi.
- Preparing for the coming of Jesus Christ 12/01/2018I would like to wish a very blessed and holy Advent and Christmas season to all of you reading this and to your families. I am particularly struck this year by the words from I Thessalonians in the second reading from the first Sunday of Advent: “May the Lord make you increase and abound in love […]
- Convention prepares women for battle 11/30/2018Women across the Diocese of Corpus Christi are picking up their weapons and preparing for battle. The Corpus Christi Diocesan Council of Catholic Women (CCDCCW) held their 2018 Biennial Convention on Nov. 10 at the Newman Center at Texas A&M-Kingsville. The theme for the gathering was “CCDCCW: Missionary Disciples, Mission Possible.”
- Roe v. Wade at its roots 11/30/2018As we approach the 46th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, it is important to consider some of the inroads that have been made in pro-life efforts in our own community. At one time there were five abortion clinics in the city of Corpus Christi. Now there are none. There are also numerous pregnancy resources centers […]