The Newman Center is under the jurisdiction of the Diocese of Corpus Christi, currently presided by Bishop Wm. Michael Mulvey. You can get more information about the Diocese of Corpus Christi on their website, diocesecc.org.
- Missionary Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe coming to the diocese in August 07/10/2018The missionary image of Our Lady of Guadalupe can be viewed in churches, nursing homes, hospitals, prisons and more in Beeville, Skidmore and Pettus during August.
- Group takes Gospel to Mathis restaurant 07/10/2018A grassroots non-profit organization, St. Paul Street Evangelization met with diners at Taqueria Valarta in Mathis on July 1, spreading the Word of God. They set up our table with Church-approved pamphlets on various subjects, such as the Eucharist, confession, the Virgin Mary, saints and many topics related to the Catholic faith.
- Former fifth grader wins poster contest 07/05/2018Adriana Gerhart, former 5th grader at Sacred Heart School, won the Catholic Life Insurance Art Poster Contest, "Heroes Don't Always Wear Capes".
- Sister of Providence receives scholarship 07/05/2018Recently, Sister Joni received a $5,000 scholarship from “Giving Voice” to travel to Mexico to learn more about the language and her heritage. Giving Voice is an organization based in Dubuque, Iowa, for women religious under the age of 50. According to its website, Giving Voice “creates spaces for younger women religious to give voice […]
- Pre-Synod focus groups stress need for guidance 07/02/2018The critical issues facing high school age youth in their daily lives are bullying, drugs and pornography. In most cases, it’s not the schools that are to blame. According to some teenagers, it’s the breakdown of some of their own families.
- Sister Mary Piedad Natino celebrates 50 years 07/02/2018Before I became a sister with the Sister Servants of the Holy Spirit of Perpetual Adoration, I felt I needed a super-power within me–the Holy Spirit to heed God’s call. I learned to pray to the Holy Spirit at every turn of event, “Come Holy Spirit.”