The Newman Center is under the jurisdiction of the Diocese of Corpus Christi, currently presided by Bishop Wm. Michael Mulvey. You can get more information about the Diocese of Corpus Christi on their website, diocesecc.org.
- Texas Knights roll out new method of membership 01/19/2018The Knights of Columbus, the largest Catholic fraternal order in the world, has announced a membership initiative that allows eligible Catholic men to join the organization online. The program is being rolled out in select states, including Texas, and will be introduced nationally in July.
- Corpus Christi's Remi Garza guest at White House 01/19/2018Today, 20 University of Mary students from Bismarck, ND, including Remi Garza from Corpus Christi, will be special guests of the president of the United States in the Rose Garden—the traditional staging ground for major policy announcements and diplomatic receptions—as he addresses, via satellite, hundreds of thousands of pro-lifers at the March for Life event […]
- Central Catholic opens ‘Hands-On Lab’ 01/17/2018Central Catholic Elementary School in Corpus Christi opened its “Hands-On Lab” for the second semester. The lab is used for all hands-on activities such ss STREAM, science, mathematics, art, etc.
- St. John Paul II hosts robotics competition 01/16/2018On Saturday, Jan. 13, St. John Paul II High School hosted and competed in a VEX robotics competition. Schools from all over Texa, from Houston to Eagle Pass, participated in the competition.
- Catholic Daughters celebrate Feast of the Epiphany 01/16/2018The Catholic Daughters of the Americas Court Padre Isidoro Cavazos #2019 at St. Martin of Tours in Kingsville celebrated the Feast of the Epiphany on Jan. 13 during their January meeting. Father Naul Ordoñez explained The Epiphany and led them in prayer.
- Diocese offices, schools close due to inclement weather 01/16/2018Due to inclement weather forecast for later today, the Chancery offices for the Diocese of Corpus Christi will close at noon. Superintendent of Schools, Rosemary Henry, announced that all 18 schools of the Diocese of Corpus Christi cancelled classes today, as well.